Mon, 25 Sep 2023 15:18:26 GMT
Operations Manager (Food Distribution Experience)
GCC SERVICES, Congo
Dec 12, 2022
Jan 12, 2023
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our organization’s food rations operations. The Operations Manager's role is to implement the right processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of an Operations Manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, overseeing movement and utilization of material and resources, and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase the quality of customer service, and implement best practices across all levels. Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient, and profitable during the course of business.
Key Areas of Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager, Maintenance Manager, Supervisors, Baker, and other internal team members to ensure that all transactions including receiving, picking, delivering, replacing, substitutions, bakery productions, and auditing are completed in accordance to the Food Safety Management System, Health and Safety operating procedures.
- Collaborate with warehouse and maintenance team on a daily basis to access challenges and issues encountered within the day, discussed possible implementation of proposed resolutions
- Communicate regularly with the management and administrative team to optimize the management of financial and administrative functions within the operation and contract requirements
- Evaluate operational reports to track the areas and procedures that require improvements and modifications
- Ensure that the staff are receiving the relevant training as required
- Conduct monthly planning and performance meetings with staff
- Act as Security Manager in each of the operations and ensure that the company’s security procedure and the employee security guidelines are fully implemented, reviewed and updated on a quarterly basis
- Ensure compliance with security procedures listed in the client's Quality Plan in regard to reporting to the client Security Officer within the sector.
- Ensure that all the day-to-day operations are following the guidelines for filing as per the QMS procedures
- Ensure that all products received amp; issued in the sector are accounted in company provided application and in accordance with the company’s shipping and receipt
- Evaluate transportation needs and concerns for the entire company fleet of dry and refer trucks to guarantee deliveries and pickups in and out were completed on time with cost-effective methods.
- Compile and maintain comprehensiveness of all border and customs forms and other business correspondence.
- Ensure that all ration delivers to the clients in accordance with the agreed delivery schedule, and in accordance with Delivery Procedures
- Ensure that all administrate functions and reports (Weekly, Monthly, and periodic reports) are completed in line with reporting schedule in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implement the GCCS performance management process by setting KPIs for direct reports, conducting regular reviews, identifying training requirements, and providing a coaching, mentoring and supportive role
- Ensure all the operational documents are filed and updated as per the requirement
- Co-ordinate with the client team representatives for all issues relating to the project operations and in accordance with the client’s reporting requirements
- Support, propose, and coordinate solutions to resolve both contractual and operational issues, with the Project Manager (PM) for all non-government and government agencies.
- Ensure that company procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to by the employees.
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role; at least 5 years in an operations supervisory and/or managerial role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
Information Technology and Services - Dubai, United Arab Emirates